Update the Value Proposition to the Membership
The HBS Alumni Club of Northern California (HBSA/NC) is one of the oldest and most active of all HBS alumni associations and with more than 1400+ active, dues-paying members, it also one of the largest.
The HBSA/NC enables members to stay in contact with fellow alumni, further their professional training, and participate in community partners programs.
Activities of the HBSA/NC include:
- Over 75 Professional Development and networking events serving over 1,500 attendees
- Signature Entrepreneur of the Year and Business Leader dinners
- Career development and enrichment activities
- Over 20 Successful Community Partners Projects annually
- Community Partners fellowship donations to support attendance at HBS Executive Education for Non-Profits
With social media changing the way alumni network and engage, the HBSA/NC is looking to update its membership Value Proposition. The volunteer team will explore the following questions:
- What are the Club's key assets?
- Who is the Club's target audience? What are they looking for? Has that changed?
- What is the reason to believe in the club, why should they join?
- Define the purpose of the club, the value proposition, why the Club exists.
- How should the Club interact and engage with our membership? How should this change with emerging technologies?
- How should event programming be structured to reflect the purpose? What are the Club's best events? What should the Club do more of and what should it do less of?
- What is the best membership structure? i.e. long term membership for the core e.g. 3 yr, lifetime etc.
- What is the best message/positioning of the value proposition to its target audience?
- How should social media play into Club interactions with members? Facebook Business Page?
- How does this fit in with Harvard Business School’s overall strategic direction?
Volunteers will have the opportunity to change, reposition and impact the future of HBS Alumni Clubs.