What is the HBSA/NCThe HBSA/NC is the Northern California arm of the Harvard Business School Alumni Association. The HBSA/NC with more than 1,400 members is one of the oldest and largest of all HBS alumni associations.
Annual Activities of the HBSA/NC include:
- Over 75 Professional Development events serving over 2,500 attendees
- Entrepreneurial company and business leader dinners
- A $20,000 HBS Scholarship Donation
- A $20,000 Community Partners Donation
- Over 20 Successful Community Partners Projects
Why Join the HBSA/NCBesides the good-feeling of supporting the HBSA/NC, there are many concrete benefits to membership.
- Networking with other local HBS alumni. Membership includes access to an online directory of HBS alumni in the area. We've been told many times that this feature alone is worth the price of membership.
- Career postings. As you are well aware many recruiters purposefully seek out HBS alumni. We provide them the ability to post executive openings directly on our Web site.
- Professional development and social events. Members receive early notification (events often sell-out) and often discounts to HBSA/NC sponsored and other local events. Special events include the CEO Breakfast Series, Business Leader Dinner and Entrepreneur of the Year Award Dinner.
- The Bay Bulletin. Members receive HBSA/NC's monthly newsletter which contains HBS news, event and career information, local happenings, notices about local alumni, and a whole lot more.
Who Can Join the HBSA/NCThe HBSA/NC is open to all HBS alumni, though most of our members reside in Northern California.
How much does it cost to join the HBSA/NCMembership runs yearly from January to December. Click here to review the different membership levels.