You are invited to a Summit for HBS and Stanford GSB Alumni:
To Inspire, Educate and Empower Leaders on Nonprofit Boards
Building High-Impact Nonprofit Boards
HBS Community Partners and HBS Social Enterprise Initiative is partnering with Stanford GSB Center for Social Innovation, Stanford Alumni Consulting Team and Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation to host a summit to inspire, educate and empower HBS and Stanford alumni to drive high-impact social change as leaders of nonprofit boards.
Date: Monday, September 30, 2013, 5-8pm
Location: Hosted by LinkedIn (Office headquarters at 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View)
Participants: HBS and Stanford GSB Alumni who are interested in joining nonprofit boards and who currently serve on a nonprofit board. We hope to inspire alumni to be leaders of nonprofit boards, educate them to be high-impact leaders, and empower them with resources to join a nonprofit board and a network of peers who are all working to make positive changes in the world.
Register: $35 before September 6th/ $45 after September 6th.
Event is sold out and no walk in spaces are available.
Bill Draper, HBS '54, Co-Founder Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation
Dutch Leonard, Professor at HBS and the George F. Baker, Jr. Professor of Public Sector Management at Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government, Co-chair of the HBS Social Enterprise Initiative
Bill Meehan, Lecturer at the Stanford GSB and a Director Emeritus of McKinsey & Company, Founding member of Advisory Council of the Stanford Center for Philanthropy and the Civil Society
Panel Discussion with:
Robin Richards Donohoe, Co-Founder Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation
Ellen Moir, Founder and CEO of the New Teacher Center (NTC), a national organization dedicated to improving student learning by accelerating the effectiveness of new teachers and school leaders, Ashoka Fellow and 2011 Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship
Matt Flannery, Co-Founder and CEO of Kiva, a microfinance organization that empowers individuals to lend to an entrepreneur in developing countries, Ashoka Fellow and Skoll Awardee, selected to FORTUNE magazine's "Top 40 under 40" list in 2009, The Economist’s “No Boundaries” Innovation Award
Phil Estes, HBS '85, Board Member of Larkin Street Youth Services and REDF, Jefferson Award Winner 2011, Co-Founder of Horizon Holdings, Past President of HBSA/NC
Network with our Advisory Committee:
- Tipping Point Community
- SV2 (Silicon Valley Social Venture Fund)
- Full Circle Fund
- Linked In
- Catalyst Corp
- Lance Fors, Chair of Social Venture Partners, Board Member SV2, Co-Founder Catalyst Corp
- Heather McLeod Grant, GSB '99, Co-Founder Catalyst Corp, Author "Forces for Good -- The Six Practices of High-Impact Nonprofits," Principal McLeod-Grant Advisors
- Laura Moon, Director HBS Social Enterprise Initiative
- Malin Leschly, Chairman, Stanford ACT
- Jon Richards, Board Member Stanford ACT
- Joel Bashevkin, Executive Director Taproot SF Bay Area
- Jim Thompson, GSB '86, Founder & CEO Positive Coaching Alliance, Former Director of Stanford GSB Public Management Program
- Kathy Salmanowitz, HBS '78, Board of SV2 and Goodwill
- Matt Carbone, HBS '92, Chair of San Francisco General Hospital Foundation
For questions, email Nancy Huang, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our network of HBS Volunteers to be the first to hear about new projects, events, board opportunities and news about the social sector!